IPPS Western/New Zealand Regions Young Professional Exchange Fellowship
Congratulations to IPPS-Western Region member Kelly Broadlick of Bellingham, Washington, as recipient of the IPPS Western/New Zealand Regions Young Professional Exchange Fellowship for 2017.
The IPPS Western/New Zealand Regions Young Professional Exchange Fellowship is a unique opportunity for a member of the Western Region to travel to New Zealand as a guest of the New Zealand Region. While in New Zealand, the recipient will have the opportunity to interact with plant producers and represent the Western Region at the New Zealand Region Annual Conference. Most importantly, the recipient will act as an ambassador of the Western Region in fostering professional interaction and good will between the two associations. The fellowship will cover costs of travel, room, and board.
Exchange Fellowship Requirements:
- Be a current member of IPPS-Western Region or apply for membership upon submitting the Exchange Fellowship application.
- Be studying in a plant production field or be less than ten years into a career in a horticultural profession.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be undertaking or have completed some form of industry-relevant training.
- Be willing to serve as an ambassador of the IPPS-Western Region.
- Have pre-approval from your employer or academic supervisor for time off from work or school.
Exchange Fellowship Conditions:
- Your trip to New Zealand will coincide with the IPPS-New Zealand Region's annual conference. You must be able to travel and participate during the entire period specified in the application.
- Record your visit in detail as preparation for a presentation at the next IPPS-Western Region annual conference and for an article in the Western Region Cuttings newsletter.
- Share your knowledge, skills, and experience with your hosts.This may include a short presentation about yourself and your interests at the IPPS-New Zealand Region's annual conference.
- Remain a paid member of IPPS for at least two years after your trip.
Dates and Deadlines:
The application period for the 2017 Exchange Fellowship program has ended. Information about the 2018 Exchange Fellowship will be available by early 2018.
Past Exchange Fellowship Recipients:
- 2016 - Tony Shireman, Fall Creek Farm & Nursery Click here to read about Tony's exchange experience.